For more than 135 years, AAUW has served as a grassroots organization to improve the lives of millions of women and their families. Your membership makes AAUW’s powerful voice even stronger on critical issues affecting women and girls.Join US
AAUW’s accomplishments in 2019
- 102,000 Women trained in salary-negotiation skills in 2019 through our Work Smart and Start Smart programs
- 11 States that expanded or passed new equal pay laws in 2019.
That’s double the number of states that passed new laws in the previous year
- $4.3 million Awarded to 270 scholars in fellowships and grants in 2019 to advance educational and professional opportunities for women around the globe.
- 300 Congressional offices targeted in our advocacy efforts for laws and policies that advance opportunities for women and girls in 2019. A highlight: passage of the Paycheck Fairness Act in the
U.S. House of Representatives.
- 800 students from colleges and universities around the country who gathered at our annual National Conference for College Women Student Leaders.
- 500 million social media impressions
- 140 Media outlets that reported on AAUW’s work in 2019, including The New
York Times, The Washington Post, National Public
Radio, MSNBC, Time, Newsweek, Money, Fortune, The Oprah Magazine and more
- more than 700,000 Members and supporters bolstering our mission
of advancing gender equity for women and girls through research, education and advocacy.